mister-fett 0 Light Poster

(I have already posted this in code snippets, but I am posting it here to because some people may not read the post in code snippets because they are not interested in code snippets. Main point: I posted it here so more people would see it. ;) )

I would like to get into two dimensional game programming, and have even taken the time to outline the game:

I AM NOT ASKING FOR THE WHOLE CODE. I simply want to know The commands that allow this kind of object based manipulation of graphics and text, as well as the detection of mouse clicks. Animation and delay is good to! I plan to spend up to three months on this project, possibly expanding it or getting a friend or two to help. If anyone is interested, please tell me. I have been learning C for only two weeks, but I have advanced far and if no one can tell me the commands in C for this, I will start work on a roman numeral calculator to calculate roman numerals and give the answer in roman numerals. (That is actually a computer science project, but I will start on it a month early if this doesnt work out) I am completely aware that the game below could take more than three months, but I am willing to try anyway.

If this would be easier in a language besides C++, please tell me the language, the commands necessary for this, and where I can get a compiler for it to start work on the game. (For a compiler, my budget is limited to free. )

Opening: Mister-Fett Productions types itself out across the screen, character by character.

Intro: "On September 11th, 2011, terrorists attack the WTC area, taking several hostages. It is your job to save the hostages and KILL THOSE terrorists, DO NOT ATTEMPT to take them alive. Shoot to kill those bloody jerks." Scrolls across the screen from top to bottom.

Part One: There are two walls in view, with a blue sky background. After two seconds, a lady runs across the screen, her hands up. one second after she enters, she dives behind a wall and pulls a gun. At the same time, a man in full black armor with a mask pops out from behind the other wall. The player has .75 seconds to click them both before a "GAME OVER" message appears. If the two are clicked, they flash read for .5 seconds, dissappear, and the player advances to part two of four.

Part Two: Three terrorists rapel onto the same scene as described above. They are on ropes, and the one in the middle is holding a child hostage. The player has 1.5 seconds to kill all three terrorists without hitting the child before "GAME OVER" is displayed. If the player clicks the terrorists, three frames of animation over .75 seconds total show each terrorist falling to the ground, and the child running to its parent, before part three is advanced to.

Part Three: The view slowly shifts, over 3 seconds and twelve frames of animation, to the scene of a fountain with a wall on each side of it. Four terrorists and two innocents pop up along the wall, and the player has 1.5 seconds to take the terrorists out. This time, though, the terrorists get up and charge towards the player over the 1.5 seconds and six frames of animation. Again, "GAME OVER" if innocents are shot, but this time, if a terrorist reaches the player, the whole screen turns red, stays red, and the words GAME OVER are printed in white.

Part Four: Victory scene of five seconds and twenty frames, hero in swat uniform hops on a helicopter and flies away, this message scrolls down the screen:

This game was made by:
"Mister-Fett(and anyone who decides to help)
With special thanks to those who made it possible:
(everyone who helped me with the commands I use)
I hope you enjoyed it!"

If anyone could help, or is interested in co-producing it, please reply to this thread, PM me, or email me at philips_desk@earthlink.net . Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.