Hello! I'm compiling a project in VC++ 2005 express, and for some reason it is hanging. It gets to a certain point and just doesn't seem to do anything. This is the readout when it is happening:

c:\Qt\4.3.3\bin\uic.exe RoboSearch.ui -o ui_RoboSearch.h
g++ -c -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"c:\Qt\4.3.3\include\QtCore" -I"c:\Qt\4.3.3\include\QtCore" -I"c:\Qt\4.3.3\include\QtGui" -I"c:\Qt\4.3.3\include\QtGui" -I"c:\Qt\4.3.3\include\QtXml" -I"c:\Qt\4.3.3\include\QtXml" -I"c:\Qt\4.3.3\include" -I"." -I"c:\Qt\4.3.3\include\ActiveQt" -I"release" -I"." -I"c:\Qt\4.3.3\mkspecs\default" -o release\compare.o compare.cpp

I am using this with Qt 4, but have had no trouble compiling everything so far.

Has anyone seen this before? There are no errors saying that anything has gone wrong, it doesn't complete.... it just stalls....

Yes, I've tried to clean and rebuild

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How long did you wait after the hung? Does it hang your machine?
What is the .NET framework you are using? It takes longer if you have installed new version of framework sometimes as long as five minutes, subsequent builds will be faster.

It hangs my machine. I just left it for 10 minutes, and it compiled (well, kind of, there was an error), but I'm not sure why the sudden change in compilation speed. I don't think anything was recently installed, but this is computer is used by many people, so I will need to find that out. You are right, it is a bit faster the second time.

Also, I don't know what a .NET framework is.... Would it be useful for me to know?

Thank you very much for your time!

You may not need to lear about .Net framework as such for your project. It is a underline layer which helps managed code to run your system(It is not the only thing it does).

Sometime Windows update can install new framework for you.

Thank you very much for your help!

Apparently it was just patience needed....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.