Hello everyone,
My name is Stephanie I am new to the forum I have been just reading, this is my first time actually participating in one of the threads. I must say that I have learned a great deal from this site, I have been able to fix minor problem that I have had with my application in my C# homework and I thank you all. I am in need of help again ad I have not come across this subject in any of the forums I have read, I was hoping one of you could tell me what I am doing wrong. I have an assisgnment to create an application that uses for loops that generates a design pattern using Asterisk. Here is my problem I did my for loops using my asterisks and all that good stuff, but I do not know how to do the spaceing so that the output is correct. When I build and debug my output is one straight line of asterisks. I have read the chapter twice and I am just not getting it. I have contacted my Instructor four days ago and he has not responded and the assignment is due on 2/13/08. Can some one please help me. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
The design output is to look like this:

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by alc6379

What have you done so far? Can you please post the code you have thus far?

Generally, what you'd do is have a newline after each of those. Either insert a \n at the end of your line, or use Console.WriteLine() instead of Console.Write() if that's what you're doing.

Dear alc6379,

Thank you for your help. I have Console.Write() after each instead of Console.WriteLine()
When I tried \n, I had errors coming out the woodworks. I will try the Console.Write() and see if it gives me what I need. Thanks again.

Here's what I mean:

Console.Write("My line with a newline\n");
//is the same as 
Console.WriteLine("My line with a newline");

What kind of errors are you getting when you append the \n ? Can you post your code?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.