Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

u can save file in data base as binary data type.

i want upload resume into the database and get content from that resume after saving.is it possible?

you can upload the file and also can retrieve the whole file from database.
but if you want to retrieve some content or field then save the content of file in multiple fields

you can upload the file and also can retrieve the whole file from database.
but if you want to retrieve some content or field then save the content of file in multiple fields

then help me in the coding using java

Without knowing what you actually want to do, you should not even think about hacking out some code...
First get those specs down on paper, so you actually know what you're talking about.

So again, do you want to store the actual file or do you want to parse the content of the file in some way and store the data contained in it?
The first is easy, the second can be easy or hard depending on the file format and layout.

Files can be saved in database inform of stream. I.e You first of all convert the file to an inputstream or a byte array them save the content in a column (as a field) of a table in a database.
When saving this file ensure to save the file extension in another column as this will help you load an application capable of reading it when displaying it as an output

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.