ey there! i have a problem here regarding this maze stuff... i think using getch and gotoxy is not complicated. our teacher says he will give extra points to who can finish this.. can it be done using switch? a simple code would be much appreciated. - h3rtz-

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Stack Overflow

what exactly is this maze game. if u giv me a briefing abt it i mite give the code to it

Greetings,

Writing your own version of gotoxy() and clrscr() would probably be for the best. They can be found all over the place, but the best ones I've found were:

#include <iostream.h>
#include <windows.h>

void gotoxy(short x, short y) {
	HANDLE hConsoleOutput;
	COORD Cursor_Pos = {x, y};

hConsoleOutput = GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE);
	SetConsoleCursorPosition(hConsoleOutput, Cursor_Pos);
}

void clrscr(void) {
	CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO csbi;
	HANDLE hStdOut = GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE);
	COORD coord = {0, 0};
	DWORD count;

GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo(hStdOut, &csbi);
	FillConsoleOutputCharacter(hStdOut, ' ', csbi.dwSize.X * csbi.dwSize.Y, coord, &count);
	SetConsoleCursorPosition(hStdOut, coord);
}

Doing the rest is quite simple. Here's a simple layout of how this can be accomplished:

• Create a function to update the player's position. Have it clear the screen everytime this is called
  • Use an infinite while loop and get the key pressed using getch()
  • Call a switch case and find out which key was pressed and where to update the players position

That should get you to a good start, and good luck.

- Stack Overflow

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.