i want to learn c++ language

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Good luck!:)

There are a lot of good tutorials on the web...just give a try on google...Or, start with Bjarne Stroustrup's book "The C++ programming language (3rd edition)".

Greetings,

Learning the C++ language isn't an easy task. It takes time, and patience to become effecient at reading, writing, and debuging code. Though, learning the basics can definetly help prepare you for greater projects.

I would suggest reading some online tutorials. Books are also good, but there are alot. They all have good information, but the internet helps condense the number of books that would need to be purchased. Some also recommend some programming background of the C language before learning C++.

The difference between C and C++
C was the C++ predecessor. As it's name implies, alot of C remains in C++. Although not actually being more powerful than C, C++ allows the programmer to more easily manage and operate with Objects, using an OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concept.

Although it is possible to implement anything which C++ could implement in C, C++ aids to standarize a way in which objects are created and managed, whereas the C programmer who implements the same system has alot of liberty on how to actually implement the internals, and style among programmers will vary alot on the design choices made.

Conclusion
For learning C, I would recommend Kernighan and Ritchie's book "The C Programming Language". That is my favorite C book so far, and has been worth buying. Anytime a question arises, or I run into a problem writing code I always turn to that book.

Also, learning C++ straight from online tutorials may also help you. I have some useful links that may be of interest:

Tutorials: C++ Made Easy
C and C++ Tutorials
C++ Programming Language Tutorials
C++ Tutorials

Including many others. I hope this information has been helpful, and a good foundation to learning the C++ language. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

- Stack Overflow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.