Hi, there:
I'm recently working on parsing xml file in c++. i have googled sort of libraries. just dont which one is better.
Could someone who has experience say sth. about it.
I mean, "right"
easy to learn, light -weight...

3ks
Regard
Teddy

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Unlike Java which will soon incorporate a XML parser in their SDK, C++ as always abit slow will not wanna commit and mandate a XML parser in the C++ standard. Hence we need to source for Open Source parser and add on to our C++ compiler environment.

I am also looking for one. DOM or SAX XML parsers all in one would be ideal. Some internet downloaded XML parser only have the DOM-based and not the SAX based. Would appreciate some help out here. The FREE XML parser must come with both DOM and SAX mode :)

sohguanh:
I need actually a simple library that i can write c++ program to retrieve information from xml file. then integrate this program into whole c++ system. so it requires just simple functions.
but if U find this library what u meant, plz let me know. :-)

vijayan121:
en, I have found these 3 libraries. just dont know how to decide. maybe i must try them out first.

Thank for Ur both nice advice.!

Regards
Teddy

> I need actually a simple library that i can write c++ program to retrieve information
> from xml file. then integrate this program into whole c++ system.
> so it requires just simple functions.
> I have found these 3 libraries. just dont know how to decide. maybe i must try them out first.

i think you should stick to TinyXml++. of the three, it is the easiest to use. and should meet your requirement more than adequately.

vijayan121:
hi, Thanks a lot, It' s great!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.