When I created new project I went to Solution Explorer and in Properties I double clicked on Resources.resx. Here I clicked on Add Resource and Add Existing File. Selected images been added and I can use them for darg&drop on form.
My problem is I need to create sort of rollover effect on pictureBox. PictureBox image property is set to none for start. When I go with mouse over pictureBox I want to upload image from resources. How do I do it?

pictureBox.Image = ? ? ? ? ?

PS: Any good place with C# tutorials?

OK no error after that, but once I get mouse over pictureBox image is not uploaded. Did I forgot somethink like Paint? I wish they library system was more like Java API...

In pictureBox event handler (MouseOver) assign the picturebox.image to the image which in resources. It works!

Comments
Thank you for help

You have to be a little slow when moving your mouse over the picturebox. If you want precision movement try considering writing code in the MouseEnter, MouseLeave event handlers.

Thanks,
Peter Pollen <advertising url snipped>

I forgot to attach silly event handler :$

For anybody who wish to generate 2D array of pictureBoxes on runtime here is code snipped for it

for (int x = 0; x < stonePlaced.GetUpperBound(0); x++)
{
	for (int y = 0; y < stonePlaced.GetUpperBound(1); y++)
		{
			stonePlaced[x, y] = new PictureBox();
			stonePlaced[x, y].Size = new Size(80, 80);
			stonePlaced[x, y].Location = new Point((80 * x),(80 * y));
			stonePlaced[x, y].BackColor = 
                                   System.Drawing.Color.Transparent;
			stonePlaced[x, y].MouseHover += 
                                   new System.EventHandler(this.stonePlaced_MouseHover);
			stonePlaced[x, y].MouseLeave += 
                                  new System.EventHandler(this.stonePlaced_MouseLeave);
			boardPanel.Controls.Add(stonePlaced[x, y]);
		}
}

And event listeners

private void stonePlaced_MouseHover(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
	PictureBox pb;
	pb = (PictureBox)sender;
        pb.Image = Properties.Resources.purple;
}

private void stonePlaced_MouseLeave(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
	PictureBox pb;
	pb = (PictureBox)sender;
	pb.Image = null;
}

When I created new project I went to Solution Explorer and in Properties I double clicked on Resources.resx. Here I clicked on Add Resource and Add Existing File. Selected images been added and I can use them for darg&drop on form.
My problem is I need to create sort of rollover effect on pictureBox. PictureBox image property is set to none for start. When I go with mouse over pictureBox I want to upload image from resources. How do I do it?

pictureBox.Image = RiskIT.Properties.Resources._1

PS: Any good place with C# tutorials?

pictureBox.Image = RiskIT.Properties.Resources._1
This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.