Hello,
I'm a new learner to VB.Net and don't know much about it. Recently, the term "Stream in the context of data files" has made me think. What is it actually? I've searched for it everywhere but found no satisfactory answer to it. I may be silly to ask this question but I hope someone would not mind my stupidity and answer my question.

Here comes the second question. Can I hide the borders of the Windows form so that the windows form will have no title bar and no minimise or maximise box and look like a plain label? And how do you create those beautiful-looking glossy window styles like vista? I'd appreciate you all's replies. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,
I'm not sure for the first question but the answer for the second one is here:

# to remove the borders of the form you have to change the FormBorderStyle property of the form = None.

# to make a shaped form there are two ways:

1-Get a bitmap picture (or draw one in paint)and select it as a background image(BackGroundImage property of the Form).
then set the form's transparency key(TransparencyKey property of the Form) to the background color of the bitmap.
then run the project...

2-(harder way)place the following code outside any event(e.g.:Form1_load(....))

Protected Overrides Sub OnPaint(ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs)
Dim shape As New System.Drawing.Drawing2D.GraphicsPath
shape.AddEllipse(0, 0, Me.Width, Me.Height)
Me.Region = New System.Drawing.Region(shape)
End Sub

this code is gonna make the form circle-shaped.

1. i don't understand what your first question.
2. use manifest file to make your program looks like your windows style.
- if you want to hide maximize or minimize box u can set in form properties to hide this box or you can change border style of form. fixed dialog will hide maximize and minimize box. u can try and find the right one by your self.

You can have the glossy vista look and feel when you using windows vista, r you can set the forms opacity..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.