Hi all, I am contemplating moving from c# to VB and wondered what might be the greatest obstacles to overcome. I guess what I would really like to know is, if I am quite knowledgable in c#, will vb be easy to pick up? Something else that is bothering me a little is what is the difference between, say VB.net and vb6 ? is it just that VB.net is a revised version of the language or are there other differences? thank you for your time.

>I am contemplating moving from c# to VB
Ideally you should learn them both. The actual languages aren't overly complicated, it's the .NET framework that has a huge learning curve. So if you already know the framework, you should have the more common .NET languages in your repertoire.

>if I am quite knowledgable in c#, will vb be easy to pick up?
Yes, but if you're used to C#, you'll find yourself cursing the syntax. ;)

>what is the difference between, say VB.net and vb6 ?
In my opinion, the only similarity is Basic-like syntax.

ok Narue, thanks for the reply. When you say I shall find myself cursing the syntax what do you mean ? why is that ?

- i think vb is easy to learn than c#.
- no many different between them. one different that i find is encapsulation between form. in vb6 u can access anything in other form from another form, in .net you must make variable to get value. and more easy to make report.

One way to learn VB.NET is to use a C#-to-VB.NET converter to look at the differences in code you already understand. I think this is the best one on the net.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.