Ok I have two frames.. one frame calls the other frame so it's like a dialog box... the second frame pops out, and yeah i want to close this second frame with a button.. how do i do it?? I was also wondering let's just say that I have two buttons in my second frame a YES and a NO... when the YES or NO gets clicked, the second frame closes.. how will the first frame will know which of the two button closed the second frame

Oh come on man.. i want a FRAME.. a window.. don't limit my creativity :(

You do know that you can handle a Dialog (or JDialog) in exactly the same way you do a JFrame, except that you do not have, per default, the min max buttons on the frame, right?

You don't have to use JOptionPane. Suggesting the use of, or using, a (J)Dialog does not "limit your creativity" in anyway, and it makes a few things in your life/coding much easier.

Edit: And a Dialog is a Window.

To close the second frame with the button you place the button where you want it, then you use actionperformed on that button. The code is:

/* jFrame1.pack();
jFrame1.setVisible(false); */

When you set the frame visible you have used setVisible with true.

I hope this helped? Because i am new of trying to explain for others.
/Me

ok this time the second frame pops up which was called by the first frame... What i want to do is to get some information to be passed into the first frame when the second frame closes. how do i do that?

ok this time the second frame pops up which was called by the first frame... What i want to do is to get some information to be passed into the first frame when the second frame closes. how do i do that?

Hi!
Well, you should probably put code under the button that are the close button (action performed). So when you close frame2 - this will happen in frame1 -, for an example in your textarea or what you use, in the place you want to show the information.
Or you can make a method with what you want to happen in frame1 and then you call that method from the close button actionperformed.

Good luck!

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.