hi everyone.I'm a beginner in java and i'm trying to create a full screen applet without any success.Any help will be appreciated. :D

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment has what you need:

GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().getDefaultScreenDevice().setFullScreenWindow(<your_application_frame_here>);

Setting an application full-screen can be extremely annoying; make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.

:mrgreen: Thanks a lot gusano79.I got my full screen window and U were rite its a bit annoying but atleast i have sumthing to work with.U were a great help.Chao

Hey is there a way to get it so that the applet covers the whole screen and there's no minimize button or anything at the top. In other words the applet covers the screen corner to corner.

The answer is written just a few lines up. And don't reopen ancient threads, especially ones that have been completed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.