Hi i m devloping one intratnet appllication for that i want some hardwre information like memory type,memory bank, BIOS information. I have no rights login as super user.
if anybody has any idea for that plese give me reply.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi i m devloping one intratnet appllication for that i want some hardwre information like memory type,memory bank, BIOS information. I have no rights login as super user.
if anybody has any idea for that plese give me reply.

if you are really developing an intranet application, then ask the administrator to assign you the proper rights to those commands necessary for your work. don't try anything that is not allowed by your company policy.

I have proper rights to acess all information but i don't know how to get memory type and memory bank and alos bios information.

Try hwinfo, kudzu, lspci, lsusb, dmidecode, etc. You can also find this information in the /proc filesystem in plain-text format (for instance /proc/meminfo).

Hope that helps :)

, Mike

Try hwinfo, kudzu, lspci, lsusb, dmidecode, etc. You can also find this information in the /proc filesystem in plain-text format (for instance /proc/meminfo).

Hope that helps :)

, Mike

Hi eggi, i tried these commands on linux (havent yet checked for solaris) but they are not working. Information was available in /proc/meminfo but it couldn't give me the type of RAM (like RDRAM, SDRAM etc.) and it couldn't give the number of memory modules.

Hey There,

What version/flavor of Linux are you running? Can you post the output of the following commands:

uname -a
cat /etc/release
cat /etc/issue
id
echo $PATH

Just want to be able to help you out if you have a different version than I've ever used, or perhaps an older one with similar but differently named commands.

, Mike

Actually,

Now that you mention you're using Solaris, also. Here's a link to a page with commands for lots of different OS's and versions

http://www.pafumi.net/Unix_Command_Translator.html

Also, for Linux, check out this project (It's packed in rpm format for ease of installation) called "lshw" - it's very easy to use and has been a help to me in the past when I needed to get some info and couldn't seem to find it:

http://ezix.org/project/wiki/HardwareLiSter

Best wishes,

Mike

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.