n00b3 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,

I am a PHP programmer, trying to transition to C++. I need C++ to communicate with MySQL, so I realize i need to have mysql++ libraries.

I am using winXP. I have MinGW. I am just trying to install MySQL++, and I am having problems. I have been following the README-MinGW.txt that comes with mysql++. I even reinstalled MySQL using the "complete" install option. I do have cygnus/cygwin installed, but the path to this is after the MinGW bin directory in my PATH variable. Still when i mingw32-make -f Makefile.mingw i get errors.

Here is the printout of my steps in the Command Prompt. Please go easy on my ignorance. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

======= C O M M A N D === P R O M P T ===== S T AR T ======

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\mysql++-3.0.2>g++ -v
Reading specs from C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.4.5/configure --with-gcc --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as -
-host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 --prefix=/mingw --enable-threads --disable-nls --
enable-languages=c,c++,f77,ada,objc,java --disable-win32-registry --disable-shar
ed --enable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-libgcj --disable-java-awt --without-x --ena
ble-java-gc=boehm --disable-libgcj-debug --enable-interpreter --enable-hash-sync
hronization --enable-libstdcxx-debug
Thread model: win32
gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw special)

C:\mysql++-3.0.2>cd "c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\lib\opt"

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\lib\opt>dlltool -k -d "c:\mysql++-3.0.2\
libmysqlclient.def" -l libmysqlclient.a

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\lib\opt>cd "c:\mysql++-3.0.2"

C:\mysql++-3.0.2>mingw32-make -f Makefile.mingw
g++ -c -o mysqlpp_beemutex.o -g -mthreads -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DMYSQLPP_NO_DLL
-DHAVE_MYSQL_SSL_SET -I"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\include" -MTmy
sqlpp_beemutex.o -MFmysqlpp_beemutex.o.d -MD lib/beemutex.cpp
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, -c "g++ -c -o mysqlpp_beemutex.o -g -mthreads
-DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DMYSQLPP_NO_DLL -DHAVE_MYSQL_SSL_SET -I\"C:\Program Files
\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\include\" -MTmysqlpp_beemutex.o -MFmysqlpp_beemutex.o.
d -MD lib/beemutex.cpp", ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2

C:\mysql++-3.0.2>
======= C O M M A N D === P R O M P T ===== E N D ======

Thanks,
DanK

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.