Am working on this assignment that involves having to make our own Hashmap ADT and am working on it but i can't see to get further because i don't know what this error its giving me is: unresolved external symbol "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl operator<<(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,class openHash<int,class hFintID> const &)" (??6@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@AAV01@ABV?$openHash@HVhFintID@@@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl printHashMap(class openHash<int,class hFintID>)" (?printHashMap@@YAXV?$openHash@HVhFintID@@@@@Z) Ya its really long and i don't know what it means.....

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It looks like you are trying to use the << operator to print out something that doesn't have the << operator overloaded for it within the printHashMap() function.

Thanks! the problem was that the definition of the outstream overloader didn't seem to work right and i've got it corrected

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.