hello guys,

well i dont get it.

what does it mean to say we have a 32-bit processor ?!!

and why saying 32-bit processor implies that the virtual memory of the process is 2^32?

please help

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

i know it has nothin to do with java ( sorry but i couldnt find the right forum :( )

i did read that article before i posted by question because i didnt get what they said.
do could you clarify things for me plz?

thanks anyway :)

i know it has nothin to do with java ( sorry but i couldnt find the right forum :( )

That is a horrible excuse. You could have found forums much closer than this. The Techies' Lounge or somewhere in Hardware.

>> what does it mean to say we have a 32-bit processor ?!!
In very dummy terms it means the processor would process 32-bits in one machine cycle. Say if it's 2GHz processor, it'll process 32-bits 2 giga-times a second.

A 32 bit processor can address upto 32 bit long memory addresses. This directly translates to virtual memory space of 2^32.

That is a horrible excuse. You could have found forums much closer than this. The Techies' Lounge or somewhere in Hardware.

please watch you are saying. i dont lie, alright ?! this is what happened.
if you dont want to believe me, well its ok. just dont be mean !
peace.

ezzaral , thekashyap , thank you guys , things are clearer now.

please watch you are saying. i dont lie, alright ?! this is what happened.
if you dont want to believe me, well its ok. just dont be mean !
peace.

I never said you were lying. I also was not being mean. You are not a new member so I expect you know how to navigate the site, therefore, could have found a better forum.

no harm done :)
peace.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.