HELLO EVERY1,
Im having difficulties in Visual Studio 2005 where I have a search program to search students from a database.It works fine but i donot get similiar records in the grid like there can be many people with same first name or last name
E.g. If i select a first name radio button and enter a specific name like "Mary" it should display all mary`s present in that database.
Same applies for last name.
CAN U PLZ HELP IMMEDIATELY as this is a part of my project.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Posting the code you have so far will help us find where your problem is.

Use "Like" operand in your Select query.
eg : Select * from Author where Id Like "1234"

Sounds like the query is using DISTINCT.

Depending on the database engine it may be better to use the GROUP BY?

When using a DISTINCT in the database query, it will not repeat rows with the same data. (IE. If you have 7 rows with the first name 'Mary' and you using a SELECT DISTINCT, even if the last name differs, only the one row will show.)

Hi Sir,

I'm using drop down list to get country names from Database(SQL SERVER)..Now th epblm is i'v to hv the "Select Country" as the default one for Drop Down list.Help me in this.Thank you

Hi Sir,

I'm using drop down list to get country names from Database(SQL SERVER)..Now th epblm is i'v to hv the "Select Country" as the default one for Drop Down list.Help me in this.Thank you

do not hijack other thread, please make your own thread...

After your datafill eg: Me.TestTableTableAdapter.Fill(Me.DataSet1.TestTable) - VB will generate this for you

use:
ComboBox1.Text = "Select Country"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.