well to start i am a compleate noob to programing and this time iam going to go a bit deeper to something hard for me!!!! maybe so easy to you guys so lets see if can explain my self and get a head star here...please!!! i realy need this to create a Code for a Robotic Atmel programing...

ok here we go....

i need a way to have on a windows Form VB.2005 a simple code...

**THINGS I NEED
**2 TxtBox
**one Botton (Maybe to do the JOB, if is not posible to do it on the FLY)
**WINDOWS FORM TYPE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ok on TextBox1 i need to imput a Alphanumeric Code..

Example:

Type on txtbox1
1 2 3 A B C

Then on TxtBox2 i need to get a set of Symbols (like Ascii Type) but the Symbols are and have to be specific... so if on txtbox1 is Type 1 2 3 A B C, My answer have to be this

display on txtbox2
Ï Î Í Ì Ë Ê É È Ç Æ

like you see the are specific simbols i need.....

my compleate MAP of Chacters are:

This are For Numbers
I GET THIS SIMBOLS IF TYPE NUMBERS IF IMPUT 0 to 9
Ï Î Í Ì Ë Ê É È Ç Æ 

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

This for Letters
i GET THIS SIMBOLS IF I TYPE LETTERS IF IMPUT A to Z
¾ ½ ¼ » º ¹ ¸ · ¶ µ ´ ³ ² ± ° ¯ ® ­ - ¬ « ª © ¨ § ¦ ¥

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

There specific Characters to it.... i dont know how to start on this all iam asking is for a bit of help at lease on how to start and i do the rest...

Please i realy need this is anyone can help me out here i will thank you for ever on this one... i will love to create my on code using this type of system, but since i have no clue on how to start i am asking for HELP!!!

Sorry 4 my english iam spanish and have been going creazy for days now!!!!!!

Thanks....and lets hope i explain my self good enough

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Please can someone Help out here!!!! i realy need to do this....if anyone please!!!!

first thing you need to store the special characters in array , so you will declear array

Dim SC(36) As char

after that store values

SC(0) = "Ï"
SC(1) = "Î" 

2-go through the user's string using For loop and for each character in user's string ,which you can get by

x = textbox1.text.Substring(i, 1)

,convert it to the corresponding symbol usingSelect Case
I hope that help you ,try it and if you have questions just ask

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.