Hi, everyone. This is my first post.

I'm just getting started, really. I took a computer science class this last semester and the professor's program of choice was Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. I enjoyed playing around with the codes, but I noticed that when making things for my own amusement or for practical purposes, the *.exe files only work on computers that already have visual studio. What's more is my free trial of visual studio is over in 2 weeks or so, and I don't have the extra money laying around to purchase my own copy.

Does anyone have any suggestions on some free decompilers and whatever else I'd need to create basic programs?

Derek

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First, delete that compiler from your computer since the free trial has expired.

Next, download the free VC++ 2008 Express. This is NOT a trial version and does not expire.

As for the *.exe requiring Visual Studio, it depends on how you program. You can freely distribute the files located here (assuming default installation directory)
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT
That directory contains three dlls.

Thanks a lot, I'll try that out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.