Hai guys,

I have quite a large program here that I don't seem to understand. The program, Bow Vice Jet (an anagram for object view) is meant to display WaveFront .obj files. However, it quits when it loads a specific file while on my computer, while on another it does not. I can't find the bug, and it's very annoying. Maybe it has got something to do with memory allocation, maybe something else. If anyone sees any mistake in the code, please point it out and I will correct it. I know it's a vague question, "Find the bug", but I've been searching for quite some time now and can't figure it out.

The code is attached, together with the "quiting" file and a file that almost works. To see how these files should look in 3D space, download GLC Player or use your favorite 3D mesh viewing program.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Solved:

glDrawElements(GL_QUADS, quadcount, GL_UNSIGNED_INT, quadindex);
  glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES, trianglecount, GL_UNSIGNED_INT, triangleindex);

-->

glDrawElements(GL_QUADS, quadcount*4, GL_UNSIGNED_INT, quadindex);
  glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES, trianglecount*3, GL_UNSIGNED_INT, triangleindex);

I'll read function descriptions more carefully next time, fo'sho. :D

lol. i love these threads, only because it tends to be my own M.O.:

post a question for help, then while waiting for responses to trickle in, go about trying to solve it myself anyhow. sometimes just formulating the question reveals the answer.

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.