Hi,

I would like to know more about deploying Java application on mac....

I am going to start preparing a Java application which will be used by normal non-technical persons on mac.

So, is it possible to create a setup like thing for users on Mac for a Java application.

I am a Windows user, so have no idea about mac.

Thanks in advance,

happyhardik!

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by happy_hardik

As long there is JVM on the machine you can run it. If there is no JVM you can actually detect it on application installation (deployment) and installid it.

Thanks, for the reply....

Actually I am building it for end user, so will it be easy for end user to run the application directly??

In windows due to some problem with my JRE I am not able to run it directly by double clicking on the jar file... I have to run it from command prompt with commend java -jar --- this is not at all user friendly.

Does Mac have such problems???

Thanks,
happyhardik!

In windows due to some problem with my JRE I am not able to run it directly by double clicking on the jar file... I have to run it from command prompt with commend java -jar --- this is not at all user friendly.

I had this problem some time ago and swaping classpath from JRE to jdk helped to solve this problem in my case

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I created a executable jar file, but I don't know what's the problem with JRE, may be its due to the class path.

Finally I have switched to .net, .net is easy for deploying applications on windows machine.

Though I love programming in Java but its gets difficult for me to deploy applications in Java, it never worked out for me. :(

Anyhow, thank you all for the effort you put in..

happyhardik!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.