I want to make a robot and programm it using java, the quetion is what exactly I need to do so like the operating system I should use (for e.g. brickos)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I want to make a robot and programm it using java, the quetion is what exactly I need to do so like the operating system I should use (for e.g. brickos)

Hi ..........i thik if want to make a robot than u sould use c,c++.........that will be better for u

hi,

I am an electronic engineering student. I have some knowledge about robots , and if you really want to make a robot to move you need to learn how to program micrcontrollers inside the robot. Micrcontrollers are simple chips and they can store hex code which is based on the actual programming done by the user.

And the post about C and C++ is right too. Microcontrollers use special type of programming language that is called assembley language. In C we can add a library through which you can write an assembley code in terms of C sytax. Hence life for C programmers is easier.

One important thing to mention here is microcontrollers can be controlled using serial port so keep that in mind too.You can use Java in PC , like sending data to the microcontroller or reading a text file into the microcontroller via serial port, So its Assembley language which can actually help u make a really good robot ; ).

Are you referring to lego mindstorms? you mentioned brickos which is specifically designed for them. if so you want LeJOS

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.