hey,all of you.do you know how to make self-learning remote control car.For example if i control the car using remote control and let it move to 1 track or 1 around.when i press a switch ,it will follow back the previous track that i control without controlling by user.The problem is i don't familar with the PIC16F84..i don't know how to store the previous instrcution that i control the track and save it in memory..any idea.thanks..

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

ok.thanks Colin Mac

Salem,u sent the website is Invalid Thread specified.i hope have someone can help me do it for free or discuss how to build it...my project need sumbit on next month.so i hope have more people can discuss with me..thanks

> Salem,u sent the website is Invalid Thread specified
Those were your other threads, which I reported as spam, and which have now been deleted.

Do you have an RC car with that PIC already constructed?
Do you have the software tools to assemble your PIC programs, and download them via say USB to the RC car?
Do you have simple programs which perform really simple tasks like "move forward for 1 second"?

If you're not already able to do these things, then a month is looking optimistic.

i have the circuit diagram for the remote control car and assemble code.but i don't know how to store the previous instruction in memory of PIC 16F84A..how to write the program for my self-learning car

Read the tutorial I linked. It explains how to move a port value to a register.

Store the value on an input port to memory. Compare the value on the port to others. Then send a certain value to an output port, or read the stored value and send the output value for that.

Colin Mac ..thanks for your advise..i finish read adi.but the problem is i don't know how to let car work as recorder(it will follow back the previous track that i control without controlling by user.)

Each input you get from the remote is stored in an array.

To replay, you read those instructions from the array instead of from the remote.

Taking the simplest case, say your car only moves forwards and backwards. For every command you send, you store the values in memory, and your car moves for a certain time for each.

When you send the repeat command, you read the values back from memory one by one and move accordingly.

Salem how to store in array using mplab...i just know using MPLAB..do you know how to write the command...tomorrow i send the assemble code to you then see whether you can modify it or not...thanks

Colin Mac ,i know what you mean store command in memory...i not sure izit use the PIC memory or use a IC memory and someone told me that PIC16F84A no enough memory space to store command..do you know how to write the command that can call out the instruction back from memory..

Colin Mac ,i know what you mean store command in memory...i not sure izit use the PIC memory or use a IC memory and

PIC memory.

someone told me that PIC16F84A no enough memory space to store command.

According to the PIC16F84A data sheet, it has 68 bytes of general purpose RAM and 1K of program code.

.do you know how to write the command that can call out the instruction back from memory..

I don't use that micro. It's all in the link I gave you if you read it.

Why is it someone would give you this project and expect it in a month if you have no experience in programming micros. If it's a school project, I think it's asking for much considering you have to design and build a remote controlled car at the same time.

PIC memory.
that's school project..i post the schematics of the remote control car.so can you check see got any problem in this circuit.i think my problem is don't know how to write the program to make it repeat the instruction without controlling.i just know write how to control the car using remote control but don't know how to write the program to repeat the same work.

There's no part no. shown for the RF transmitter module. The datasheet for the encoder shows it interfaced to a transmitter you must build. Are you building the transmitter yourself? The IC in your motor pic isn't an
LM2930. It looks like a H-bridge IC. You can get those with diodes built in.

ya..i'm wrong..is L293D for motor pic..izit the transmitter can buy in market but i think have many different types and frequency.if i want build it.. how..izit refer back the datasheet of PT2262 that i had attached the pic..actually i copy the schematics from senior..:$

The L293D has diodes, you don't need extra. See.
I don't know about the PT2262.
There is a simpler design for a 4-bit RF Tx/Rx halfway down the page here.

i'm planning to use this website http://pro-radio.ru/user/uploads/126799.pdf on page 9 and place a PIC18F2525 between the RX and motor..The PIC will listen to the RX and pass what it hears/sees on to the motors.To record the PIC will also compress (more on that in another post) and record what it gets from the RX and still passes it on.

To playback the PIC reads the old commands from its memory and sends them on to the motors.
so now i think i need to learn another new language PIC C compiler

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.