hi

i am just starting with vb.net and have set a connection to an existing access db that i have and am able to get the data displayed on a form.

my problem lies where as i want to setup a basic search. i have added a query to a datagrid to dispaly data based on text in a text box.

now my sql query is this:

SELECT CustID, CustName, CustAddress, CustPostcode, CustTel, CustEmail, CustNotes, CustRoom, CustStayArrive, CustStayLeave
FROM tblCustData
WHERE CustName = '"& SearchBox.text &"'

now i get no errors but also no data gets returned. If i add the actual value of one of the records that one gets returned fine but doesnt really help with a search.

wondered if anyone had any ideas?

regards

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ninjaimp

Hello

Try This

SELECT CustID, CustName, CustAddress, CustPostcode, CustTel, CustEmail, CustNotes, CustRoom, CustStayArrive, CustStayLeave
FROM tblCustData
WHERE CustName Like '" & SearchBox.text & "%'

Faisal

hi

i am just starting with vb.net and have set a connection to an existing access db that i have and am able to get the data displayed on a form.

my problem lies where as i want to setup a basic search. i have added a query to a datagrid to dispaly data based on text in a text box.

now my sql query is this:

FROM tblCustData
WHERE CustName = '"& SearchBox.text &"'

now i get no errors but also no data gets returned. If i add the actual value of one of the records that one gets returned fine but doesnt really help with a search.

wondered if anyone had any ideas?

regards

hi

made the change, no error but still not returing anything. Please note that this sql query is being done via the 'Query Configuration Wizard'

im not sure wether i should be doing the query somewhere else, and if so how do i reference the connection?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.