Hi,

Unsung VB.net, I am trying to create an excel file in my web server (windows 2000 server). But I end up with the following error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): COM object with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} is either not valid or not registered.

MS Office is not installed in my server. Even I do not want to install MS Office in my server.

If any one can help me.

Thanks
Tapan Kumar Pattanayak

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Umm, ok. If you look at that error it tells you flat out... how do you expect to call on a CLSID (registry object) that you don't want to install in the server?

Inorder to create the XLS file (which is an object) you will need to object registered in the system registry in order for InteropServices to invoke methods from it.

Sorry dude, but you will have to install Excel at the minimum to have this work, at least to my knowledge anyway.

Reading from an excel file without excel installed is on thing, but creating one through method calls to it...is another.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.