Hi All

I'm looking to start a community website that we can begin small but build more stuff onto it at a later point. So I'm looking for some kind of Blog/forum/cms system so if it could fulfill most of the following criteria that would be great:

- News/Blog posting system
- Reliable template system (Drupal's system is actually very good)
- Integrated Forums
- User access control
- Good platform for API/hook in programs
- Active development and community backing
- Built on C# with either mysql/SQL server backend (pref SQL server)

Not asking for much I know :) But any help would be greatly appreciated. After a quick browse round I came up with DotNetNuke, Umbraco and sitefinity. Any ideas on these or more?
Thanks in advance

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ken Sharpe

I worked by it sometime but I don't know if the team released site or not, you can googlize the sites developed by!

what was your experience working with it? It looks good. What type of setup did you have?
Did you get the full version or the community version?

I worked by it sometime but I don't know if the team released site or not, you can googlize the sites developed by!

I didn't get the full version, I was creating search control, you can say I was enhancing some features but I didn't use it as a user!

I didn't get the full version, I was creating search control, you can say I was enhancing some features but I didn't use it as a user!

I am thinking of extending the basic functionality. The community site I am thinking of building is basically a group of people who play nintendo DS in pubs/bars. I am thinking of building similar system into sitefinity to organise people in attendence. From a programmers perspective is the documentation and API's any good?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.