I have 2 loops like below. In the second loop I am searching a string if I can find the
"*" character.
This loop will loop 100 times but what I am wondering is that if you wont find the character "*" in the string str, is is possible to end or go out of this loop, so is wont need to loop to 100 ?
In this case the second loop will only iterate i2 = 0 since there is no "*" found and not go to 1,2,3 up to 100.
Thanks..

for( int i = 0; i < 5; i++)	//loop 1	
{	

std::string str= "Number1 - Number2";

for( int i2 = 0; i2 < 100; i2++)	//loop2
    {
	std::string::size_type index = str.find("*", 0);
	if( std::string::npos != index )
	{

//Do some stuff if a "*" was found in str

}
    }

}

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Er... I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but it sounds like you may be searching for the break command. Having break; anywhere in a loop will end the current iteration and end the loop. If that's not it, then continue; will end the current iteration, but instead of breaking out of the loop, control will return to the top of the loop, and another iteration will be executed (assuming the conditional is still true).

{	

{
	{

break;
	}
    }

}

Thank you. I managed it to work when I changed the place for the break like below.

{	

{

if( index > str.length())
	{
		break;	
         }

{

//break;
	}
    }

}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.