Is there any inbuilt function in C language by which one can directly access image contents?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This would seem to be a good place to begin your research.

commented: Here here +15

You can use game libary, just like Allegro, gtk+. Functions that belong these libary can load image and sound...

In Win32, nothing is needed.
All formats are native.

You can read image files in your program in a standard way, if you want to write the reader yourself. wotsit.org is a good reference for this, as already mentioned.

Or you can use a library to read image files into your program (which I would recommend). I can think of at least one such library: http://openil.sourceforge.net/

Displaying images requires a library for sure. You can use SDL and SDL_Image or Allegro (cross-platform graphics libraries) to do this, or the native Win32 API (which is really a library too).

I only personally have experience with the SDL -- if you want help displaying images in the SDL, I'd be glad to provide it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.