I am doing a project in vc++,mfc.what i have to do is,identify static objects in a scene and track them for changes(in position).for that i have to get the pixels of the objects.is there any method to detect all objects and identify their pixels.i have to use the frames obtained from an ip camera.these frames have then to be compared in the further execution .differences in position for this static objects should generate an alarm.any help???

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If ur using graphics, then why can't u just get the positions of the Objects using some getPos() function?.........Capturing an image & comparing it with the previous seems like a tedious time-consuming & resource-intensive way...........

If I have to get the position of the objects,i have to first identify them is there any way to identify the objects?

If I have to get the position of the objects,i have to first identify them is there any way to identify the objects?

That would seem to be the point of the assignment. It's actually a pretty challenging aspect of computer vision. You several approaches you might take - such as the various edge detection routines, watersheds and region merging, and many more.

There is no one, easy, magic way to do this.

What have you considered so far?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.