hi!

I am using the media-library SFML
And for some wierd reason this code gives me a error message:
"#include <SFML/WINDOW.HPP>

int main() { 

sf::Window App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML Window"); 

return 0;
}"

Compiling and linking works good but when trying to run it I get the errormessage:
"Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'State' was corrupted."

the seccond problem is with the graphic library delta3d

I am trying to run the first tutorial and have copy/pasted it in. And when i compile i get the error message:

"1>Compiling...
1>HelloWorld.cpp
1>c:\program\delta3d_rel-2.0.0\ext\inc\osg\math(206) : error C3861: 'isnan': identifier not found
1>c:\program\delta3d_rel-2.0.0\ext\inc\osg\math(207) : error C3861: 'isnan': identifier not found"

I am using VS2008 v 9 but have also tried VS2005 with the same result.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Post your questions on one of their forums, afterall they are the experts, not us.

Have done that, and even if they are nice and trying to help me, there forums are not very active, so I'm sitting here waiting half a day between answeers.
I'm sitting here at work and are just checking newssites and playing webgames... I have really really stucked...

>>I'm sitting here at work and are just checking newssites and playing webgames...
And you get paid for doing that?

commented: I was wondering the same ... +4

I downloaded, installed and compiled the first test program from sfml-dev.org. I am almost certain your problem is that you have to copy the dlls from the lib directory to one of the directories in your PATH statement. After I copied them to d:\windows the program worked ok.

I compiled their tutorial for VC++ 2008

#include <windows.h>
#include <SFML/System.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    sf::Clock Clock;
    while (Clock.GetElapsedTime() < 5.f)
    {
        std::cout << Clock.GetElapsedTime() << std::endl;
        sf::Sleep(0.5f);
    }

return 0;
}
commented: You took a lot of time to help this guy! +6

hehe, yes, get paid for this:)

I have done it the other way, i have put the searchpath to my dlls in the Path-statement.
If i dont have it there, the program gives me another error about missing dlls...

if you stil have sfml you should try to compile and run anything with a window or renderwindow, like:

#include <SFML/Graphics.hpp>

int main(){
    sf::RenderWindow App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML Graphics");
return 0;
}

the code you showed me works good, but no windows.:(

Anyway, a big thansk for takin your time to download and test this!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.