im sorry to bother you but i wanted to know

BUT I AM USEING DEV C++

I WANT TO SEE HOW TO ADD A BACKGROUND TO A PROGRAM IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD HELP ME

THANK YOU

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Please don't shout.

Adding a background depends on the toolkit you are using.

If you are using straight Win32 API, you'll need to process the WM_PAINT message sent to the form and draw the bitmap before you let any other controls draw.

If you are using a toolkit, please tell us which one you are using.

What type of program are you dealing with? A window? A console window?

Most likely, the answer will lie somewhere in either the Direct3D (Microsoft), or OpenGL (open source) APIs. Look them up.

well i m still a bit of a beginer my programs a secruity one it will run and youll have to enter a password then it will allow you to go on if you enter it right otherwise it shutsdown the computer
but it runs off the command prompt

If you're running a command prompt, there really isn't a way (to my knowledge) of setting a background.

well how do i get out of command prompt then it help my program to know that sense the totorail im using sucks

Depending on how much of a beginner you are, you may want to stick with console apps for a while and get a handle around pointers, classes, inheritance, and polymorphism to some degree. But, you don't necessarily have to.

If you're on Windows, this is a very good place to begin. As Duoas said, there's a way to do a background with just the Windows API, though if you want to go into more graphical applications, you can try to delve on in to Direct3D.

commented: Approved =) +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.