Hi guys,

I Make a simple program with VB6, it's OK if i'm running in windows xp or server, but in vista i'm get error message :

"Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid"

Any body have solutions for this problem, because i want my program running in vista for any computer.

Thanks for help.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

you need to copy that componet to your system foolder and register that with windows using REGSVR32.

commented: Exactly +10

I thing the problem that because i'm using common control dialog and this is not work in vista, do you have solution for change common control with another ocx and not problem if running in vista.

thans for help before :)

Do you use any function?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383688(VS.85).aspx

List of all functions it may be not accessible on vista. And try adding that dll to that computer.

Try UN registering the ocx, then immediately re-register it.

This fixed most of my problems with Vista. It's a Vista registration issue, not your code.

If you do not want to bother about copying and registering the comdlg32.ocx file (for which you might need administrator rights anyway), tell the developer of the software to check out following project, that shows how you can use the common dialog box (open and save) without using the ocx file and thus without need of registering it. It uses the comdlg32.dll directly with APIs, which is installed already on windows!
http://www.ws-software.co.cc/TComdlgAPIEng.html

Guys you seem not to have the same problem, because your solutions are not working at all. I have been there done that over and over again. I am worried about the Registry rather for it to have its default settings again. How would that be done over the command prompt.

Please do not resurrect old threads. This one has been dead for more than two years.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.