Hi,
I have to create *.xls (or *.csv) with multiple tabs.
The program is in the loop and every time the loop runs it should create a new tab. Can any one help me with this. (I want to code it with out using PYExcelerator - I tried using that function but it throws an error saying "ImportError: No module named pyExcelerator" can some body help me with this too... resolving the error.)

Thanks,
Supriya

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jlm699

You will need to download and install pyExcelerator as it is not distributed with the standard Python.
Link: Py Package

You cannot create a csv file with multiple sheets (tabs), as the format does not allow it.

You will need to download and install pyExcelerator as it is not distributed with the standard Python.
Link: Py Package

You cannot create a csv file with multiple sheets (tabs), as the format does not allow it.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Can u please tell me where to place the downloaded file?
Thanks

If you don't know how to build python packages, simply extract the pyExcelerator directory and place it in your Python site-packages folder... on Windows it will be: C:\PythonXX\Lib\site-packages .

If you don't know how to build python packages, simply extract the pyExcelerator directory and place it in your Python site-packages folder... on Windows it will be: C:\PythonXX\Lib\site-packages .

Thanks. I tried what u said. It still gives me this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\xlspyexcel", line 1, in ?
from pyExcelerator import *
ImportError: No module named pyExcelerator

and this is the program I am running

from pyExcelerator import *
wb = Workbook()
ws0 = wb.add_sheet('0')

for x in range(10):
for y in range(10):
# writing to a specific x,y
ws0.write(x,y,"this is cell %s, %s" % (x,y))

wb.save('output.xls')

Please let me know what is wrong (I copied this program from internet)

First try opening an interpreter and just type in import pyExcelerator . That will tell you if you copied the directory to the right location.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.