Can you use C to connect to SQL???

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

C is a language and SQL is a language. Can you connect anything to a language?

All well known SQL servers have a client application programming interface (API) in C.

>>Can you use C to connect to SQL???
If you mean an SQL server -- the answer is an astounding/resounding YES. There are billions of C/C++ programs (ok so that's a bit of a stretch) that have done that. Just google for ODBC to see how to do it.

>>Can you use C to connect to SQL???
If you mean an SQL server -- the answer is an astounding/resounding YES. There are billions of C/C++ programs (ok so that's a bit of a stretch) that have done that. Just google for ODBD to see how to do it.

Thanks, I think thats all I needed, I just need to argue between 5 consecutive languages on whether you can use them as the front-end and also do SQL connection using them, anyway I have to choose one and seemingly every page I get to on the internet and every person I ask say It has to be C# but I dont know C# anyway I can learn it while doing it, so far I have found out that I can use any of those to do this project, Java, C++, C, C#, paython and VB.Net so I have to write this 2 pages report and try to convince my lecture why I choose C# instead of other languages that can be used to connect the Database

Thanks hey....

Several database servers (mySQL, for example) include libraries and headers for C that allow programs to access databases. You should easily be able to find a tutorial on how to do it with your choice of server.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.