Does anyone know if vs2005 has the borland equivilent of a "scrollbox"? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Assuming you mean Windows Forms, a lot of controls are scrollable, like TextBox and Panel. You can also inherit the ScrollableControl class and write your own if none of the existing controls work out.

In borland I could place a picture box on the scrollbox and it would take care of scrolling. I was wondering if there is a "scrollbox" to place my picturebox on in windows forms to do the same thing. I think you answered it with the inherit/writing my own scroll code, but I didnt know if there was an easier way.

Put the picture box on a panel, and set the panel's AutoScroll property to true. Whenever the picture box's height or width exceeds the panel's height or width, scroll bars will automatically show up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, learning, and sharing knowledge.