Hi

I am using Nokia SDk for J2me and am trying to compile. I do not know how to set the classpath. I set it by going to Control Panel -> System->advanced->Environment Variable. There I clicked on the Edit button after selecting the "CLASSPATH" variable

My classpath is "C:\WINNT\System32\QTJava.zip;C:\Nokia\Devices\Series_60_MIDP_SDK_for_Symbian_OS_v_1_2_1\lib\Series_60_MIDP_SDK_for_Symbian_OS_v_1_2_1\j2me-debug.zip"

BUt I am still getting the errors "cannot find symbol"

Please help

Thanks
Ramya

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jwenting

that depends on your operating system.
At the least you must restart your terminal windows and Java based applications for them to see the change.

You know, if you are invoking javac and java from a command (DOS) terminal, you can override the environment classpath on the command line by saying:

C:/> javac -classpath c:/blah/blah/blah;

and

C:/> java -classpath c:/blah/blah/blah;

where the "c:/blah/blah/blah;" business is your classpath. If you want to check that your classpath is what Java "thinks" the classpath is, write a simple program which does the following:

public class CheckClasspath {
[INDENT]public static void main(String[] args) {
[INDENT]System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.class.path"));
[/INDENT]
}
[/INDENT]
}

That ought to print what Java has registered as the classpath at runtime.

Hi

Thanks a lot
I got it to work. I had to specify the -bootclasspath before I cud get it to work as I am using J2ME

Thanks
ramya

cud: ball of partially digested vegetable matter regurgitated by hooved animals.

What's that to do with Java?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.