I need to make a program to check if the entered number is palindrome or not i.e. if u take a number and reverse it it will be the same old number for example if u take 121..then if u reverse the number it will be 121 and so 121 is a palindrome number.

i wrote a program to check if a number is palindrome or not but it is not working properly :cry: ...Can any1 plz tell me wat is wrong..

The program which I wrote is below:-

#include<iostream.h>
#include<conio.h>

void main()

{

int n, x, m=0;

cout<<"Enter any number"<<endl;
	cin>>n;

while(n>0)

{

m*=10;

x=n%10;

m+=x;

n/=10;

}

if(m==n)

cout<<"The entered number is a palindrome number"<<endl;

else

cout<<"The entered is not a palindrome number"<<endl;

getch();

}
Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ancient Dragon
Featured Replies

>if(m==n)
n is zero at this point, remember? Use a copy of n for your loop counter so that the original value is preserved.

Hey thanx a lot Narue...my program is working Perfectly now!! :cheesy:

And once again Thanx a lot....

Just a helpful hint here on the forum for you:

Cn u plz not use chat spk here? Wat do u want 2 do that for? U got all d time in d world 2 make a post, so there's no need 2 uz chat spk n here.

Please, for all of our eyes' sakes, spend about 30 seconds more on your post, and spell words in a non-lame fashion.

kthxbye! :D

Your program is write up to if(m==n)

in the above program n will become zero
after the loop. So assign n value to any other variable,then compare with m.

Congratulations, muraliaa! It took you only four years to come up with the same answer as me.

Congratulations, muraliaa! It took you only four years to come up with the same answer as me.

Some people are just a little slow :)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.