hello,,can you help me with my problem??if it's okey for you,,,

right now,,we are required to make a calculator using only string..ex:

i can only use the imports: JOptionPane/BufferedReader

Input
Mathematical String: 2 + (3*2)

Output
Result: 8

how can i implement the codes??our told us that we should make an algo of it,,but i don't know how,,help guyzz...do you know any other sites that could really help me about this problem??i also want to learn...thank you again...

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Google java rpn,

or shunting yard algorithm

thank you very much,,,this is a great help...

As you say in one of you other posts, if you are new and don't know how to make code,
start by writing simpler codes

a lot of people ask this, there is a thread on it already, under a different name i need to make it a snippet, HERE IS A LINK:LINK

thank you thank you very much,,,this is a GREAT gREAT help for me,,,,hehehe,,thank you,,mwuah!!

actually i am starting to make codes,,,i know some of them,,,but making a string calculator is our requirement for midterm,,,,

..by the way,,i just want to say sorry if i posted anywhere,,,but thank you all guyz,,,you're a great help!!

hello, i have run your codes,,i has no error when it was compiled,,but when i run it,,it said that it has no "main"...i am confused either...

Because you are supposed to implement main method and just feed user fetched data into provided parser

commented: at least someone gets it +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.