I havebeen using wxdev c++ but have problems when compiling directx code even though I have installed devpaks for DX9 anyway i think the best thing is for me to get a real compiler not freeware. Are there any good compilers that have gui design tools that will compile directx and be inexpensive? I directx 9 book i ahve mentioned visual c++ 6.0 or visual c++.net they might be cheaper because they are a few years old

BattlingMaxo

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by BattlingMaxo

Two probelms with that , no gui design tolls, and once you download , to install you have to be online
for me that means 6 hours (dialup) If i asked on the msdn forum about a cd and even a blog for visual c++ 2008 and no answers.

BattlingMaxo

PM your address and I'll mail you a copy of the dvd (yes its a legal copy, I download the ISO fle and made my own dvd).

Wouldn't it be faster even with dialup to download and burn the ISO instead of waiting for the US Snail?

I wasn't aware *compilers* had gui design tools?, I thought compilers were just to convert human readable source code to machine read able code?

Wouldn't it be faster even with dialup to download and burn the ISO instead of waiting for the US Snail?

Yes, but apparently he has a very sloooow dial up computer and downloading that huge file coule be quite costly.

I wasn't aware *compilers* had gui design tools?, I thought compilers were just to convert human readable source code to machine read able code?

So, what's it like for you working in the stone ages :twisted:

Thanks for the offer Ancient D, it would not be costly at all except tying up the phone for about 6 hours. I want to try an download it first at a library with super fast
DSL then i can just burn a copy of it if it does not work i will take you up on your offer

Acesofspades: even the free compiler i was using had gui design tools that worked like a wysiwyg

BattlingMaxo

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.