Hi everybody,

I just want to develop a web application for sending sms using java/jsp. Normally i have seen people using either gsm modems or bluetooth or connecting mobile to pc and then send sms. I am planning to develop a web application in such a way that it sends the sms which i have created to some sms service providers and then they redirect the sms to the particular mobile users. I think sms service providers charge for sending the sms and they don't do it free of cost. Can any body help me or guide me in creating such a web application using java/jsp.

Is there any possibility of getting a reply back from the users for the message which i have send using web applications. ie.... i want to get the reply in my web application rather that in my mobile. Something like, when the users send a reply back it should go to the sms service providers and then they should redirect the reply to us.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

I don't want to use any of the gsm modems, or bluetooth. I want to send the sms through http, ie.. web application

pls help me!!!

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

You can simply write a program to send email to the email address associated with the carrier. For example, if you sent an email to 5551231234@vtext.com, you would sent a text message to the number 5551231234 for the carrier Verizon. As for getting a reply, as far as I know, that is not possible.

and if you want to use an SMS gateway, use your favourite search engine to find out where to buy one (and they'll come with libraries to use, and probably sample code as well).

You can simply write a program to send email to the email address associated with the carrier. For example, if you sent an email to 5551231234@vtext.com, you would sent a text message to the number 5551231234 for the carrier Verizon. As for getting a reply, as far as I know, that is not possible.

Thankyou Scuba183

and if you want to use an SMS gateway, use your favourite search engine to find out where to buy one (and they'll come with libraries to use, and probably sample code as well).

Thankyou jwenting. I could not find any sample coding which will help me to send sms through the service provider. Can you send some, if you have any?

no, if you BUY access through the proper channels that will include libraries and documentation.
We're not going to help you break into services, steal bandwidth.

hi.......
Frist u have to write a programme for sending sms if u have already written then it is fine otherwise i will help you.
you will find s/w (like gateway for sms sending ) on internet just download that on ur system then connect ur mobile to ur computer then do some configuration as per given in s/w manual.
then when u are sending sms through web application it will go from ur gateway to destination.
and chrges will be deducting from mobile which is connected.

If u need any help , please contact.

thanks jwenting. I don't want to breakthrough any services and steal the bandwidth. But even for sending the message from our web application to the service provider we need to write some coding isn't it. So can you help me in developing that coding. Thank you once again for the help .

hi sach. Thank you for that. Probably i am not looking forward to develop my application in this way, by connecting my mobile to the pc and send the message through that. The application which i am trying to develop is a complete web based application. Probably you would have seen many websites providing this facility. Just create an account in that website and start sending messages. I am also planning to develop such an application. The usage is my application should be able to send messages to other phones through the internet. Anyway you pls help me developing the coding, so that i can get a basic idea about how messages can be send. Thankyou once again

hi karthik ,
This is rashmi i have seen ur post regarding sms web application .I m also looking for the same sort of application if u have completed ur project can u guide me how to do this. Its really urgent ,Hope to see a reply from u soon .Thanks

hi karthik ,
This is rashmi i have seen ur post regarding sms web application .I m also looking for the same sort of application if u have completed ur project can u guide me how to do this. Its really urgent ,Hope to see a reply from u soon .Thanks

You better read whole thread and not just last reply. Also what is urgent to you it does not affect us...

hi guys.. i'm looking for the same concept as you have stated from above. But the difference is, i want my java program to be able to send free sms to their subscribers. My plan is to connect my program to a website that sends free sms to any network subscribers. I just need to know how the logic works, what libraries to be considered, and I need the program that is definitely hardware component free (aside from the PC/laptop, of course). Do you think it's possible? Please help me on this, it will be a part of my thesis. Any help will be greatly acknowledged. Thank you so much!

@MingMing
1. if it's part of your thesis, you might want to put some effort in it yourself.
we are here to help and guide you when and if we can, not to do your (school)work entirely for you.
2. if you realy need code like it's been asked for in the first post, the most logic course of action would be to read the answers to it. you would also have noticed that this thread is quite old and did not need reviving.

you could 've just started a thread of your own.

Have you tried anything yet? are there error's you're getting which you can not get rid off?

as for the component free part, the server you're running the application on might not be completely component free, but the clients can just access the application on the server, so I don't see why (except for the server) every user should have additional components.

@stultuske: yes, I've posted a thread of my own. It was a little late when I read the rules of Daniweb. I've already posted the comment before I read it. I'm sorry for that. I read some of the comment posts on this. Of course I not demanding to let you guys do my own work. I'm just gathering some knowledge that would help through. More of the concepts that would positively put me to the right path. I have not started my program yet because I know I'm blind with the things I should know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.