hi,
Am new to Daniweb. Name is Nik.

Am currently doing a project in Python to create a visualization tool for OSSEC HIDS. I created the GUI using Boa Constructor which works with wx.python. But now i am stuck as to how to retrieve data from OSSEC and show them on my tool.
IF u know or have done similar projects, help would be much appreciated. I would gladly send u a copy of my project so as to work in partnership. Help would be appreciated and mentioned in my thesis and also on the tool.
the project is designed to replace/support the existing Web based Gui tool that OSSEC use.

Pls contact asap.

thanks
Nik

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

No mindreaders here, so let us know what data stream looks like.

No mindreaders here, so let us know what data stream looks like.

HI,
thanx for replyin...the main prob tht i encountered is wat to write.

so heres the situation... i need to print data frm a file on to wx.ListCtrl and wx.TreeCtrl. Both have separate files. I am also attaching a picture showing how or how similar the display sud be. I will also attach my tool as well.
hope u can help me out, which wud be much appreciated.

thanx in adv.

nik

Here's one method to open and read a file:

f = open( 'myfile.txt', 'r' ) # 'r' is for Read Mode
lines = f.readlines()
f.close()

# Now lines contains a list of each line of the file contents
for eachline in lines:
   # Add line to wx.*ctrl

Here's one method to open and read a file:

f = open( 'myfile.txt', 'r' ) # 'r' is for Read Mode
lines = f.readlines()
f.close()

# Now lines contains a list of each line of the file contents
for eachline in lines:
   # Add line to wx.*ctrl

Thanx,

but am looking to display data from the file onto my listctrl box in the toll. run the program and then u can c. along with it, 2 treectrl list are also there which need to be displayed as well.
sample data can be obtained from my attachments.

thanx
nik

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.