Am having an assignment on modular programing.
the program ( VCD system) must
(1) Initialize database,
(2) Add a record for VCD
(3) delete record for a VCD
(4) Print out all VCD
(5) save to text file
(6) Load from text file.

have actually worked on it but i just can't get pass the errors.. it's really killing me..
can i get someone to check my program?.. problem solving is one hell of a headache for me..

am attaching the assignment to this message...........

please guys, come to my rescue...
thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

prompt.h: missing the return type of all functions.
prompt.cpp: ditto (same problem)

your zip file contains 4 different projects. That's not what you want. You need to put all those files into just one project so that they can all be linked together.

commented: Kudos for taking the time to look. +17

prompt.h: missing the return type of all functions.
prompt.cpp: ditto (same problem)

your zip file contains 4 different projects. That's not what you want. You need to put all those files into just one project so that they can all be linked together.

Thanks....
i was using Vc++ 6 to write the program initially.
have added it to a project now..
thanks in advance

That zip file doesn't include the *.cpp and *.h files so I just copied them from your last *.zip file.

Continuing from where I left off
vcdrec.cpp: you forgot to include <fstream> which is where ifstream is declared.

Then you misspell the name of the ifstream object every time you used it.

You have confused Load_Record_From_File() and Load_Save_To_File(). Switch the code in those two functions around. And I think the filename used in both those functions should be the same. You can't write the data to one file and expect to read from a different file.

After correcting all the above your program is left with several functions you have not yet coded. The link error messages will tell you which functions are missing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.