Hello this is it:
I have a desktop app using WinForms and the user have an option in which he/she can enter a query to a database (TRANSACT-SQL, PLSQL). I need to validate that input, but the user would have to struggle with typos and remember exactly every database detail. So I rather want to give the user a Query Buider-like interface as in MS Access or MS SQL Server.
I have googled a solution to this but nothing came out.
I found a great control named Active Query Builder, but its absurdly expensive.

best regards,
bc.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Never mind on last post - I thought you said web forms not win forms . . .

You could also make one yourself, if cost is an issue. An elementary query builder shouldnt be that hard to make.

You could also make one yourself, if cost is an issue. An elementary query builder shouldnt be that hard to make.

I think this is a good challenge to do. A proper query builder with metadata management and restriction compliance, it's always a handy tool to give to our users. But I don't have that much of a time.
Later if I can accomplish something like this I'll post it here,

best regards,
bc.

Making a quick one that just lists fields/tables and allows simple limited queries shouldnt take too long to make

So I rather want to give the user a Query Buider-like interface as in MS Access or MS SQL Server.
I have googled a solution to this but nothing came out.
I found a great control named Active Query Builder, but its absurdly expensive.

Hi,
thank you for the good words about our control.
I am the product manager of Active Database Software. I agree that Active Query Builder may look expensive for a small developer teams, but the price is set in accordance with the functionality. I also agree that not each application require such functions like programming creation and modification of SQL queries, thus we decide to release the light version of the component, which price will be significantly lower than now. It will be released in a month or so.
Personally, you may contact me directly via the support center to get a discount ;)

Sergey Smagin

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.