Hi, Merry cristmas and Happy new year to everyone. I am writing this because i am having problems with my compiler Borland C++ Builder 6 Evaluation Version :-(

The problem is that after I have designed a GUI program, Build it and run the executable, Windows declares a Stack Overflow. I belive Stack Overflows is just like Acess Violations, that usually occurs when there is a lack of memory. I Run Win XP SP1 on 64 MB of memory, do you belive this to be the problem.

Another problem is that whenever i try to compile and link C++ source codes, it produces a linker error like this:

"linker error..... Unresolved Symbol.... _main in......CXO.obj(i think so)"

<content edited by moderator>

That's not good, you're encouraging software piracy... If you can't afford to buy a compiler, why not use a free one?

That's not good, you're encouraging software piracy... If you can't afford to buy a compiler, why not use a free one?

I completely agree with U, I even have two free compilers on my computer, LccWin32 & DevCpp but the problems is that they contain too much bugs, and working on them does not tell us where the bug is comming from, the compiler or the code.
:cool:

I completely agree with U, I even have two free compilers on my computer, LccWin32 & DevCpp but the problems is that they contain too much bugs, and working on them does not tell us where the bug is comming from, the compiler or the code.
:cool:

Dev-C++ works just fine for me, so it must be your code!!!

Dev-C++ works just fine for me, so it must be your code!!!

I really meant that u spend more time dealing with the bugs rather than with your codes. And by the way, I've downloaded a Beta Version, that is why I say it is bugged. You know, if I had known that there would be such a fuss for a christmas gift, i would never have posted it. It's not good to refuse a gift, especially on christmas. U either take it or take it and throw it away. Despite not being a christian, i understand the true meaning of the festival. U r spending more time critisizing my gift rather than answering my question. I'ts christmas guys, cheer up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

arrr i re read now i understand your christmas gift ..... heh :D however i was trying to work out your errors .... sorry no offence intended!

I really meant that u spend more time dealing with the bugs rather than with your codes. And by the way, I've downloaded a Beta Version, that is why I say it is bugged. You know, if I had known that there would be such a fuss for a christmas gift, i would never have posted it. It's not good to refuse a gift, especially on christmas. U either take it or take it and throw it away. Despite not being a christian, i understand the true meaning of the festival. U r spending more time critisizing my gift rather than answering my question. I'ts christmas guys, cheer up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Christmas is not about subverting software demo protections, I'm afraid. I'm sure you were being lighthearted about your suggestion, but I had to delete it all the same. Let me go ahead and let everybody know: software piracy is an activity that will get you banned on this forum.

Sorry, but why are they still on here?

Are they meaningless?

I still can't see the piracy!

Sorry, but why are they still on here?

I guess because more than just the original poster can benefit from threads. Do you think that useful info should be deleted after a certain amount of time? That doesn't make sense to me.

Three years old :P, I've stopped programming now, I spend more time with Excel now, doing simple reports.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.