Hi, Merry cristmas and Happy new year to everyone. I am writing this because i am having problems with my compiler Borland C++ Builder 6 Evaluation Version :-(

The problem is that after I have designed a GUI program, Build it and run the executable, Windows declares a Stack Overflow. I belive Stack Overflows is just like Acess Violations, that usually occurs when there is a lack of memory. I Run Win XP SP1 on 64 MB of memory, do you belive this to be the problem.

Another problem is that whenever i try to compile and link C++ source codes, it produces a linker error like this:

"linker error..... Unresolved Symbol.... _main in......CXO.obj(i think so)"

<content edited by moderator>

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

That's not good, you're encouraging software piracy... If you can't afford to buy a compiler, why not use a free one?

That's not good, you're encouraging software piracy... If you can't afford to buy a compiler, why not use a free one?

I completely agree with U, I even have two free compilers on my computer, LccWin32 & DevCpp but the problems is that they contain too much bugs, and working on them does not tell us where the bug is comming from, the compiler or the code.
:cool:

I completely agree with U, I even have two free compilers on my computer, LccWin32 & DevCpp but the problems is that they contain too much bugs, and working on them does not tell us where the bug is comming from, the compiler or the code.
:cool:

Dev-C++ works just fine for me, so it must be your code!!!

Dev-C++ works just fine for me, so it must be your code!!!

I really meant that u spend more time dealing with the bugs rather than with your codes. And by the way, I've downloaded a Beta Version, that is why I say it is bugged. You know, if I had known that there would be such a fuss for a christmas gift, i would never have posted it. It's not good to refuse a gift, especially on christmas. U either take it or take it and throw it away. Despite not being a christian, i understand the true meaning of the festival. U r spending more time critisizing my gift rather than answering my question. I'ts christmas guys, cheer up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

arrr i re read now i understand your christmas gift ..... heh :D however i was trying to work out your errors .... sorry no offence intended!

I really meant that u spend more time dealing with the bugs rather than with your codes. And by the way, I've downloaded a Beta Version, that is why I say it is bugged. You know, if I had known that there would be such a fuss for a christmas gift, i would never have posted it. It's not good to refuse a gift, especially on christmas. U either take it or take it and throw it away. Despite not being a christian, i understand the true meaning of the festival. U r spending more time critisizing my gift rather than answering my question. I'ts christmas guys, cheer up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Christmas is not about subverting software demo protections, I'm afraid. I'm sure you were being lighthearted about your suggestion, but I had to delete it all the same. Let me go ahead and let everybody know: software piracy is an activity that will get you banned on this forum.

Hi Mahen,

I could not see the piracy or any attempt at it!

Please explain.

robgxxx, you're replying to threads that are three years old...

Sorry, but why are they still on here?

Are they meaningless?

I still can't see the piracy!

Sorry, but why are they still on here?

I guess because more than just the original poster can benefit from threads. Do you think that useful info should be deleted after a certain amount of time? That doesn't make sense to me.

Three years old :P, I've stopped programming now, I spend more time with Excel now, doing simple reports.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.