lemme preface by saying I have read the homework sticky, am not looking for someone to just give me an answer...more then anything I just want to understand this stuff...just am not looking to step on any toes and wanna make sure that's clear, and that I hope someone can help me out a little bit here

here's the deal
I need to "design my program with a function that takes as an argument an integer between 0-99 and returns a string that contains the integer value in english. It shouldn't have 100 different id else statements, I'm supposed to use % and / to "extract the tens and ones digits to construct the english string"

all of this drama is to make a program that outputs the lyrics from "Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall"

I'm not looking for someone to write the code for me (although I wouldn't say no hah) what I am looking for though is someone who could mayhaps explain to me wtf all that nonsense means

I have absolutely no idea where to start...I barely understand what a function is

in fact, I don't understand programming at all hah what I have so far is

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <string>

using namespace std;

int beer (int number_par);
{

}
int main (void)

{
}

so basically...nothing. Any help would be appreciated cause like I said I don't even know where to THINK about beginning how to approach this

-.- thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.