Hi,
Please help me doing Program for "Game of life".

Here is the link for that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway%27s_Game_of_Life

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Sounds interesting. And what kind of help do you need? :)

If your definition of "help" equates to "do the work for me", no. Why don't you go off and try to come up with something on your own before you start begging for "help"?

Sounds interesting. And what kind of help do you need? :)

Actually I didn't get that what is game of life,game?

So please can u just explain it to me.

If your definition of "help" equates to "do the work for me", no. Why don't you go off and try to come up with something on your own before you start begging for "help"?

Actually I didnt understand that game?

So can u just explain it ?

Why dont you read the link you gave us??!

As I understood, it's very simple game. It may even not be treated as a real "game".

There's a matrix of cells, and cells can be live or dead. You set up a matrix (decide which cell is live and which one is dead) and then you start the game.
Then you have nothing more to do. Game has 4 simple rules about creating new cells, destroying old ones, and by that a matrix changes all the time, and you can watch :)

Actually it can turn into a game, there a ae many different arrangements of cells in the game of life, which have different names, sch as glider -- these will move in 1 direction continually untill another live cell interupts this.

Many appterns can be created to do many differents things, there are very large patterns that have been designed to create different patterns continually.

Also from what i know the Game of Life can be researched greatly by algorithms and alot of time is spent investigating these algotihms. In actual fact the fastest way to make the largest number of cells live was found by a computer algorithm

Chris

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.