The requirements are actually simple, just asking to sort a few, say 10, 20 or so, intergers in ascending order. However, array and pointers are not allowed to be used, and just the fundamental knowledge about flow control are permitted. The hints are as follows:
1. Initialize a variable F that keeps a very large number (larger than any number in the to-be -sorted batch)
2. Search among the batch for the biggest number, which is smaller F
3. Show that number on the screen
4. Save that number to F and take away the number from the batch
5. Repeat steps 2,3 and 4 until all the 5 numbers in the batch are shown on the screen
Many thanks to anyone who can help!!!