I go to make my program and I get those warnings. I know that they are linked to the exceptions my program throws during execution which terminates my program another godamn debug error. The problem is that when I double click on the warning, it brings me into the complicated header file xstring(microsoft's), instead of the part of my code that caused the warning.My question is how do I locate the part of my code that causes these warnings. Since theres four, I assume that my code has repeated the error four times potientially in different functions. If you could answer my question, I would greatly appreciate it since its the only thing holding back the functionallaty of my program. If you cant answer my question perhaps you can offer suggestions
Compiling...
stat.cpp
main.cpp
Generating Code...
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\vc7\include\xstring(1466) : warning C4701: local variable '_Ptr' may be used without having been initialized
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\vc7\include\xstring(1466) : warning C4701: local variable '_Ptr' may be used without having been initialized
Linking...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\ericore\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\stat\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
stat - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

My question is how do I locate the part of my code that causes these warnings.

Compiling...
stat.cpp
main.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\ericore\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\stat\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
stat - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

Uh... try initializing the variable _Ptr?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.