I developed several macros on my computer, but then I copied and pasted the macros on the c drive>program files> microsoft office> templates of several of my users so that they can access the macros when they go into Word. In Word, they click file> new and choose the macro they want to run. This works great. Then my users wanted me to add a DTPicker calendar to the user forms of the macros because there are several places where they are required to enter dates and having the calendar makes it a lot easier. When I added the calendar on my computer, it works great. When I updated their computers with the revised macros, I got this error message: Project or Libraries missing. I did some research and came up with this solution: I needed to istall isdesign.ocx and mscomct2.ocx. I am not sure what these objects are or what they do? Where can I learn more about .ocx and what their purpose is? :roll:

I cannot believe that "NO ONE" has any idea what I am talking about. Does anyone know about these ocx's????????????

I read your original post right after you first wrote it but sorry, no experience with Word macros other than I know what they are.

I appoligize, I overlooked your thread on the forms (ed: Dani!! We need the recent post screen back!).

Most ".ocx" files, are user controls. Simply do a find on your computer for the two required files, and copy them to the same place on the other computers. I'm *pretty* sure that is all you need to do.

If that doesn't work, get back to us. I have a few more ideas.

Thanks Tekmaven. I did copy the files to the other computers, but I am still getting complaints from my users. You see, I added a DTPicker to the user forms to enable then to add dates quickly. These DTPickers worked great on my computer, but gave them errors on theirs. I was told that is the user's computers don't have VB loaded, then I should load it and that should fix the problem, but that is a very expensive fix. Too many licenses to purchase.

I apoligize, I neglected one important thing. You must register the OCX's on each computer with RegServer.

The command is:

regsvr32 C:\Path\To\whatever.ocx

Incase soemthing gets messed up, to unregister the OCX:

regsvr32 -u C:\Path\To\whatever.ocx

Concerning licences, you would need to check with the distributor of each OCX to determine weather they are distributable for free.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.