hi all
i am new to dani web so if i make any mistake please forgive me ... I am just wodering that some could help me in my assignment.. i am not a programming geek and offcourse not in java. my teacher has gave me this assignment i dont have a clue what to do can any one please help me i m very thankful to u all...

QWrite and deploy a simple Java RMI-based Client/Server application. This is a simple Math Service, which we'll refer to as MathService. It will allow users to perform the following operations: Add, Subtraction, Multiply, Square, etc. In addition, MathService will have the following resource properties (RPs for short): Value (integer), and Last Operation performed (string)-ADDTION, SUBTRACTION, MULTIPLY, SQUARE, etc.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hi all
i am new to dani web so if i make any mistake please forgive me ... I am just wodering that some could help me in my assignment.. i am not a programming geek and offcourse not in java. my teacher has gave me this assignment i dont have a clue what to do can any one please help me i m very thankful to u all...

QWrite and deploy a simple Java RMI-based Client/Server application. This is a simple Math Service, which we'll refer to as MathService. It will allow users to perform the following operations: Add, Subtraction, Multiply, Square, etc. In addition, MathService will have the following resource properties (RPs for short): Value (integer), and Last Operation performed (string)-ADDTION, SUBTRACTION, MULTIPLY, SQUARE, etc.

I would suggest reading this tutorial and maybe do a little more searching if you still don't understand it. If you don't understand it after that ask your teacher or someone else in the class for help. Teachers don't usually give homework without having covered or given reading on a subject. An RMI application is not a thing you do early on in a programming class so you should have some programming skills. Lastly, when you are working on your code and have a specific problem about it you can show it to us, give us an explanation of what is not working and we will try to help.

commented: Great Link! =) +4

Thanks for reply.. my dear, issue is that the teacher is totally crap he dont know any thing and dont want to talk with me or not even with any student in the class i tried to ask and he shouted and said go and doit... u r in masters u shud know it... now tell me what shud i do???

commented: Regardless, it's still your assignment. You're just being lazy. -2

Read that tutorial that was linked to in jasimp's post and stop whining. No one here is going to do it for you.

After you try it, and it still doesn't work (which it won't) then post your code, all compiler/error messages and description of what is happening and how it relates to what should be happening.

If you can/will not do the above, then just go away.

Boss why are u soo rude?? i m not asking any body to solve this for me... OK
dont be rude Understand !!!! U r on tech forum not in a corner shop....

Actually, you pretty much are asking someone to solve it for you, since you didn't seem to read the link that Jasimp posted and you haven't asked any questions that would indicate you have tried anything or given it serious consideration.

Any advice given here is purely on a voluntary basis, so if you are unsatisfied with the advice, which you did receive, you're just out of luck I suppose.

(Also, this is not a chat room and we are certainly not your chat buddies. Read the forum rules and drop the IM-speak.)

my dear, issue is that the teacher is totally crap he dont know any thing and dont want to talk with me or not even with any student in the class i tried to ask and he shouted and said go and doit... u r in masters u shud know it... now tell me what shud i do???

99% of remarks like this come from people who are to lazy to do their work. yeah, just blame your teacher, that'll improve your grades. since you're trying to get a masters degree (which I hope is not in informatics), did you hear about that new invention? it's called ... Google,. You're right.. this IS a tech forum, which means we are willing to help you with YOUR code. since you don't have any, we can't help you with it, now can we? if it's some all-finished code you're looking for, Google 's your friend

It might do you some good to learn RMI from the book Head First Java or get a brief overview by reading Head First Design Patterns. Both books are good and provide more information about programming and Object Orientation than one would expect.

And also, both books are funny XP

commented: Head First Java is where I first dabbled in RMI. I would have suggested it but that would be more work than clicking on a link ;) +8

Boss why are u soo rude??

I'm not rude, I just don't sugar coat things. If you are doing "whatever", I am going to say "you are doing whatever", I'm not going to "politely" hint at. People may not (and usually don't) like that, but they do respond to it (even if only to "salvage their pride").

i m not asking any body to solve this for me... OK

Yes you were, and are. Stop dissembling.

dont be rude Understand !!!!

See above.

U r on tech forum not in a corner shop....

You're lucky we're not, you'd only have been embarressed more because everybody would have heard me chuckling. Then you would probably get really made and attempt to do something about it, and I'd have had to teach you a different lesson.

commented: =P +4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.